Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sad News...

A week ago today, I lost my dad in a tragic ATV accident...
My mother, sister and I along with the rest of my family pulled together with strength and laughter and many tears to celebrate his life, remember the many memories and to say our final goodbyes...

I learned something that left me in AWE...

My dad, Marc, left his mark on so many people... The funeral home hosted hundreds of people coming to give their thoughts and prayers and to offer support to all of us.

There are good times and bad times in life. I believe now, more than I did before, that what matters most is that we use our strengths, our talents to enrich the lives of others and in the end, when we depart, that contribution to the world will be recognized by more than we could have ever imagined!

I love you dad. And will do my best to leave a mark as big as the one you did!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice tribute to your dad. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for starting this blog. I will visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry--He looks like a really nice man. I know how hard this is. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, Nikki. I'm sure he's been extremely proud of you lately with all of your wonderful accomplishments. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete